Thank you for your understanding yesterday and this morning. Also, thank you so much to the kind parents , grandparents, ex-parents and neighbours who made it possible for us to open today by clearing the snow from the pathways and playground.
It is likely to still be slippery and dangerous on the road outside the school this afternoon, so please don’t drive up to the school at the end of the day today. In order to help congestion, you are welcome to collect your child/children any time from 2.45pm onwards today.
Sadly, we have decided to cancel this evening’s performance of the school play for everyone’s safety. All being well, the play will go ahead as planned tomorrow night. We will also hold another performance on Thursday evening and one starting at 1.30pm on Friday afternoon. If you have asked for seats for tonight’s performance, we will transfer them to Thursday night unless you let us know otherwise. Everyone, including wider family members and younger siblings, are welcome to come to Friday afternoon’s performance, there is no need to request seats.
I know this will disappoint some of you but the safety of the children, parents and staff has to come first, taking into account the combination of the icy conditions and the darkness.
Mrs Emma Coleman