The Children, Learning and Communications Committee of the Governing Body considers matter relating to:
- Pastoral Care
Terms of Reference
- To ensure the school leadership has appropriate systems for monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
- In collaboration with staff, to provide information about how the curriculum is taught, evaluated and resourced.
- To consider and advise the governing body on matters relating to the school’s curriculum, including statutory requirements.
- To consider and advise the governing body on curricular issues which have implications for Finance and Personnel decisions
- To agree and review all relevant curriculum related policies as defined in ‘Annex 3 Policies and other Documents That Governing Bodies are Required to have by Law’.
- To review the policy and provision for collective worship and for RE and to make recommendations where necessary.
- To review the policy and provision for sex and relationships education.
- To ensure that the requirements of children with special needs are met, as laid out in the Code of Practice.
- To monitor and contribute to the School Development Plan.
- To monitor and contribute to the school self-evaluation.
- To monitor the pastoral care of pupils and review policies related to their pastoral care, including those relating to behaviour and discipline..
- To ensure the school benefits from a good relationship with the community.
- To ensure effective communication between the school, parents, and the wider community.
- To ask relevant questions
|Members||James Askew, Emma Coleman, Laura McAllister, Emma Pennington|
|Clerk||alternate members (on a rota basis)|
|Last review||Oct 2017|
|Next review||Oct 2018|