The governing body currently consists of 9 governors. The term of office for all types of governor is 4 years unless otherwise stated. At the end of the term, governors may be re-appointed, subject to the procedure described below. More details about each of the governors can be found on the Governor Profiles page.
Staff Governors (Headteacher + 1)
- The headteacher is a staff governor by virtue of their office.
- Other staff, both teaching and support, may become governors as long as they are paid (volunteers do not qualify)
- Elected by the school staff. Any election that is contested must be held by ballot.
- May stand for re-election at end of term of office.
Current Staff Governors:
- Rachel Medley (Headteacher; 01/04/2019 -)
- Kate Walters (25/09/2018 – 24/09/2022)
Foundation Governors (2)
- Foundation governors are responsible for preserving and developing the school’s religious character.
- Appointed by the school’s founding body. In the case of Horspath School, the vicar of St Giles, Horspath Parish Church is a governor by virtue of their office, and is responsible for appointing the other foundation governors.
- May be reappointed by the founding body at the end of term of office.
Current Foundation Governors:
- Emily Elias (01/10/2019 – 30/09/2023)
- One vacancy
Parent Governors (4)
- Parents, including carers, of pupils are eligible to stand for election as governors
- Elected by other parents at the school.
- May be reappointed by standing for re-election.
- Parent governors do not need to resign when their child leaves the school, but they may not stand for re-election at the end of their term if they no longer have children at the school.
- If insufficient parents stand for election, the governing body may appoint parents of current pupils; if no parent of a current pupil can be appointed, parents of former pupils may be appointed.
Current Parent Governors:
- James Askew (Chair of Governors) (26/09/2017 – 25/09/2021)
- Philip Goodliffe (13/09/2016 – 12/09/2020)
- Laura McAllister (26/09/2017 – 25/09/2021)
- Caroline Simpson (01/10/2019 – 30/09/2023)
Community Governors (1)
Appointed by the governing body. They are people who in the opinion of the governing body have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school.
Current Community Governor:
- Keith Kidd (14/11/2019 – 13/11/2023)
The following governors have stepped down in the last 12 months
- Peter Dobson, Local Authority Governor, to February 2019
- Emma Pennington, Foundation Governor, to April 2019
- Richard Hughes, Co-opted Governor, to April 2019
- Scott Lewis, Acting Headteacher, to April 2019
- Munaza Dogar, Parent Governor and Chair, to September 2019
- Mary Pavlides, Foundation Governor, to October 2019
- Sarah Awuye, Co-opted Governor, to October 2019