Over the last year we have been working with the children on what it means to have a Growth Mindset. The children have learnt much more about how their brains work and have found out about famous and influential people who have succeeded due to having a growth mindset and not giving up on the ir goal. We have also had PSHE lessons and assemblies about having a growth mindset. This year we will be moving things on a bit further by asking children to apply their understanding of Growth Mindset to their learning.
Recommended books for:
- Foundation Stage
- Key Stage 1 (years 1-2)
- Lower Key Stage 2 (years 3-4)
- Upper Key Stage 2 (years 5-6)
- Helping Your Child With Reading
- Helping Your Child With Writing
- Forming Letters – An Interactive Cursive Writing Activity
- Handwriting Sheet a-n
- Handwriting Sheet o-z
The calculation policies below contain detailed examples of the different methods of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division the children are taught.
- Horspath subtraction policy
- Horspath multiplication policy
- Horspath division policy
- Horspath addition policy