The school has a very active PTA (Parent and Teacher Association) whose aim is to support the children with additional learning opportunities through workshops, day trips, cultural visits and equipment through regular fundraising activities.
The PTA committee welcomes any parents who would like to be a class representative to help organise events or explore new fundraising opportunities. Last year the PTA raised over £9,700. £5,200 through our activities and events (see below) which was boosted by a £4,500 grant from the Stone Pit Trust.
- summer and Christmas fetes
- sponsored sport
- cake sales,
- Halloween and Easter competitions
- school calendars
- school disco
- Lucky number
- regular contributions from Easyfundraising.org.uk and bags2school.
With the funds the school and children have benefited from:
- visit to pantomime, educational trips
- Author visits and workshops
- Mathletics license for every child
- Travel costs
Autumn Term 2017
The minutes from our AGM are available here, along with the financial report and Chair’s report.
- Chair: Michelle Legg
- Secretary: Kathryn Lewis
- Treasurer: Michael Timbs
- Description of PTA roles
- Acorn– Natalie Oakley/Kathryn Lewis
- Beech– Melissa Urry, Tanja Burovska
- Lime– Wendy Franklin,
- Oak– Sylvia Chapple,Mary Pavlides
- Decorated Pumpkin competition – Tue 31st Oct
- Halloween inspired Cake Sale (organised by Beech class) Fri 3rd Nov
- School Calendars
- Christmas Cards and gifts
- Christmas Fayre – Fri 8th Dec
- Refreshments at school performances (various dates)