The school has a very active PTA (Parent and Teacher Association) whose aim is to support the children with additional learning opportunities through workshops, day trips, cultural visits and equipment through regular fundraising activities.
The PTA committee welcomes any parents who would like to be a class representative to help organise events or explore new fundraising opportunities.
Last academic year the PTA raised over £6,5000 through local grants in conjunction with the school governors as well as:
- summer and Christmas fetes
- sponsored walk
- cake and doughnut sales,
- Halloween and Easter competitions
- table top sale
- school calendars
- school disco
- 100 club with three prize draws each year
- regular contributions from Easyfundraising.org.uk and bags2school.
With the funds the school and children have benefited from:
- new play equipment in the Acorn/Beech outside area
- visit to pantomime
- new library books
- World book day author visit
- Mathletics license for every child
Spring Term 2016
After a busy Autumn term the PTA are planning another eventful term. We are also committed to purchasing a lighting bar for the school hall and a new microphone system for family assemblies and future perfomances.
- Chair: Michelle Legg
- Secretary: Anjali Lloyd-Jani
- Treasurer: Michael Timbs
- Description of PTA roles
- Acorn – Caroline Simpson, Adele Timbs, Melissa Urry
- Beech – Emma Cox, Wendy Franklin
- Lime – Sylvia Chapple, Kathryn Lewis
- Oak – Marion Cook, Tanja Burovska
- Willow – Steph Barker, Carolyn Barrett
Family Challenge Day
Always a very popular event is our annual family challenge where mums, dads, grandparents and children all work together to meet the challenge. Over the past few years we have made Eiffel Towers from spaghetti, built bridges with junk modelling and built towers from newspaper and tape. Good fun all round!