The Resources Committee of the Governing Body considers matters relating to:
- Premises and Health & Safety
Terms of reference
- To guide and assist the Head and the governing body in all budgeting and financial matters, and matters relating to grounds and premises and Health and Safety.
- To prepare and review the school’s financial regulations, procedures and policies annually, including consideration of long-term planning and researching.
- To draw up and present an annual budget for the governing body’s approval, taking account of the agreed priorities of the School Development Plan.
- To monitor the budget over the year; report the financial situation and make recommendations where necessary.
- To agree a level of delegation to the Head for the day-to-day financial management of the school.
- To recommend virements between budget headings in excess of agreed level of delegation.
- To prepare a budget position statement including virement decisions for each meeting.
- To monitor the expenditure of all voluntary funds kept, on behalf of the governing body.
- To make recommendations to the governing body in respect of service agreements
- To approve arrangements for repairs and maintenance including contracts
- To liaise and consult with other committees where necessary.
- To inspect the premises and grounds annually and prepare a statement of priorities for maintenance and development (With reference to the Asset Management Plan).
- To approve the preparation and implementation of building and maintenance contracts.
- To ensure any necessary liaison with the LA regarding premises issues.
- To keep under review the governing body’s Health & Safety Policy and make recommendations for revisions and report to governors.
- To oversee arrangements for the use of school premises by outside users subject to governing body policy.
- To monitor and review Accessibility Plan annually.
- To monitor and review the staffing structure annually, after consultation with the Headteacher and the finance committee.
- To include annual review of following policies:
- Performance Management Policy
- Salary Policies for all categories of staff
- Staff Development Policy
- Staff Appraisal Process
- To monitor and review outcomes of staff appraisal and development, and make recommendations where appropriate.
- The committee will also have responsibility for:
- Staffing Structure
- Absence management and monitoring
- Harassment and Bullying
- Competence, Discipline and Grievance
- Reductions and Redundancies
- Recruitment and Retention
- To consider any freedom of information issues.
- To ask relevant questions.
|Members||James Askew, Rachel Medley, Keith Kidd|
|Clerk||alternate members (on a rota basis)|
|Last review||November 2019|
|Next review||November 2020|