The school has a very active PTA (Parent and Teacher Association) whose aim is to support the children with additional learning opportunities through workshops, day trips, cultural visits and equipment through regular fundraising activities.
The PTA committee welcomes any parents who would like to be a class representative to help organise events or explore new fundraising opportunities. Last year the PTA raised over £5000 from all the different events.
- summer and Christmas fetes
- sponsored sport
- cake sales,
- Halloween and Easter competitions
- school calendars
- school disco
- regular contributions from Easyfundraising.org.uk and bags2school.
The funds that the PTA raise are more and more relied on to support the children with additional learning opportunities. Over the last year the children have benefited from:
- visit to pantomime, educational trips
- Author visits and workshops
- Mathletics license for every child
- Travel costs
This year the PTA are funding the following:
- Library renovation
- New PSHE scheme to support pupils well-being
- The Pantomime Visit
- Travel cost for class trips
Stone Pit Trust
The school also benefits from donations from the Horspath Village Stone Pit Trust. For which we are very grateful.
Academic Year 19-20
The minutes from our AGM are available here, along with the financial report and Chair’s report.
- Chair: Kathryn Goodliffe
- Secretary: Natalie Oakley
- Treasurer: Michael Timbs
- Description of PTA roles
- Acorn– Eleri Nesbit & Charlotte Khan
- Beech– Freya Jones
- Lime– Natalie Oakley/ Freya Jones
- Oak– Natalie Miles & Wendy Franklin
- Willow– Michelle Legg & Tanya Burovska